Sunday, December 21, 2014

Luman F. Hoag
(1937)
   Luman F. Hoag, aged 73 years, passed away at the Chenango Memorial hospital, Thursday, August 19, after a short illness of uremia.  Funeral services were held Saturday afternoon at the home of his sister, Mrs. Ivan Ford, at McDonough.  The Rev. McAllister officiated and burial was made in the McDonough cemetery.

   Mr. Hoag was born at Smithville, November 19, 1836, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Hoag.  He married Irene Lewis, who died several years ago.  He was a resident of McDonough.  Surviving, in addition to his sister, Mrs. Ford, are three brothers, Obey and Henry, of Greene and William of McDonough, also one sister, Miss Nellis Hoag, of Binghamton.

NOTE:  DATE WAS HAND-WRITTEN ON THE ARTICLE.

5 comments:

  1. Luman was Ruth Hoag Fords father not brother. Where did you find that article?

    Jennifer Ford diPalma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I typed the article exactly as it was printed. As far as where I found the article, it is in one of the many scrapbooks I have in my possession. There was no name as to the newspaper it came from, but my best guess would be an Oxford newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess they made mistakes then too! Thank you for compilin everything. I read them all

    ReplyDelete
  4. he was born in 1862 not 1836, otherwise he would have been 101 and he was not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typed the article as it was printed. Thanks for the info and I will keep it on the site for others.

      Delete